Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Life as a Mud Skipper!

Tilly and I
     Today was like any normal, lazy Wednesday, I got up brushed my teeth and had a mud bath. Then I said good morning to mum and dad and finally had a well deserved nap. Oh sorry, how rude of me I forgot to introduce myself. I am Gabrielle and I am a Mudskipper. Anyway, after my nap I went outside and to my surprise there were some unexpected visitors. 


     A few thoughts ran through my brain. My first thought was, ugh not again, I mean come on yesterday the same rotten giants had arrived in our habitat and caused chaos. Also, we spent ages building our houses. But wait what were the giants. Were the creatures monkeys? No, they couldn't be they were not as hairy, even though they looked a little monkey like.  Maybe they were some new breed of monkeys. I remember Daddy telling Tilly (my brother)and I something about humans. He didn't say much he just said that if we ever encountered any breed of human not to panic. Humans were much bigger than I imagined. As I zoomed back into reality, I realised what I was witnessing, it was way worse than yesterday it was........ WORLD WAR III!

     Suddenly,the humans were treading and falling on my friends homes, they  were being destroyed within the blink of an eye. I rushed back inside our home to alert Mum and Dad that the giants were back. But, THEY WEREN'T THERE! Ok at first I was just a little shocked and panicky, but now I was TERRIFIED. Diary if you are thinking, what a wimp and that you wouldn't have been scared to death........ well your WRONG! I mean how would you feel if you were home alone and big huge giants were destroying your friends houses and now they were targeting you and your house. Well let me tell you something you wouldn't act as heroic as you think. Anyway, getting on with the story.
    
    I watched in horror as a human tore down my sapling school. At least there was something in it for me........ NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! To my amazement I heard a noise that sounded very familiar.... Crying! I saw the human fall on his butt, with a BANG! All the crabs hurried out of their brand new homes, just barely surviving. I looked to my left. I jumped. A human had almost ended my life. I ran behind a sapling. 


     Seven minutes had passed by and the human was still stuck. And might I add she wasn't going to get free easily. I mean the mud was already passed her knee. "Ahhhhh" I heard a human scream. I directed my attention behind me. A man had fallen and was in agony. All my friends gathered to see what had just happened. Then without a word they all backed away. But I didn't, I just stayed and stared.
     
     Finally, another man arrived and helped him back on to his feet (even though his boot was firmly wedged in the stinking mud). I heard a crack. Ohhhhh he won't feel good tomorrow. I ran to Mr. Crabs house, he told me that World War III would soon be over. I let out a sigh of relief. 
"Gabrielle"  
"Mum, Dad" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I kept following the voices. I could see my mum and not to mention my dad! I skipped over to them and gave them a hug. I couldn't help myself, so I shed a few tears. World War III was finally over!










Image courtesy of:




   

No comments:

Post a Comment