Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011!!!!!!!!!

Resolutions (2011)
It's finally 2011 and time to follow the resolutions we have all set for this year. Resolutions can get you further in life. Therefore, this year I have two resolutions for school in 2011. First, I would like to help others more. Secondly, I would like to learn a new skill or improve a skill I already have.

Firstly, I would like to help people more often. When I was in 5th grade I had the chance to buy presents for the Chin Refugees. It made me feel good that I was helping people in need and that on Christmas Day they would have presents to open, just like we do. And now that I am in 6th grade I feel I should help people more often then I normally do. Whether they are new, old or less fortunate. I am currently a peer helper and I joined peer helpers just to follow this resolution. I have met a lot of new people this year (trimester 1 and trimester 2) and I hope to continue. Peer helpers is a really good opportunity, especially if you have the same New Year's Resolution as me. 

Secondly, I would like to learn a new skill or improve a skill I already have. Among my skills most of them aren't mastered but the remaining few are. I made this one of my New Year's Resolution because I would like to learn something. Not only learn but experience. I feel if I become part of more I can do more and learn more (plus finish another New Year's Resolution). One of the skills I would like to work on is reading. I have always made reading one of my resolutions and I feel that I could expand it more. 

Snapshot
My Christmas tree and I
I have had SO many memories this Winter Break, even though I mainly chilled out...but hey, whats wrong with that? I think the best memory was probably Christmas lunch (Picture on the right was taken right after lunch). It was great to just sit down with my whole family and have an amazing lunch, at the Prince Hotel, associated with laughs. The food was 
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I had ravioli and the usual christmas food (turkey etc.). All in all, I will never forget that lunch, it will stay with me forever (my family made it more special). 

No comments:

Post a Comment