Monday, September 17, 2012

Where I Am From


I am from Barbies.
From the screams of excitement whenever 
The Rugrats, The Wiggles, Hi-5 or Dora The 
Explorer were on. From posters of the Jonas 
Brothers and Coldplay. I an from the elbowing
to get to the front of the stage during The Wanted’s 
and Justin Bieber’s concerts. I am from tag you’re 
it and ready or not here I come.

I am from a country of 1.2 billion and a country 
of 22.6 million. I am from the rain and the sun. 
I am from the Parramatta Eels, The Waratahs and 
The Wallabies.

I am from put on a smile, sit up straight, when 
I was your age… I am from the bubble gum in 
my hair and the chocolate on my nose. I am from 
man’s best friend, who never lets me down. 

I am the product of a teacher and a risk manager. 
I am from become a doctor, become a lawyer, become 
a dentist and become whatever you want.

Organised in my closet, on my desk, under my bed,
are memories. The ones that make me who I am today.
The decisions I made in the past that will one day affect
my future. Everything that makes me, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment